Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, email, phone number, practitioner background, practice name, practice type, and other information pertaining to a practitioner’s practice and aims.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your requests, to best serve you and your clients onwards from here, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: We keep these informations confidential and internally. As declared below, we do not sell the information we collect from you.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: only what you provide us during your correspondences with customer support.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: We keep these informations confidential and internally.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- If you decide to activate any of our onward services, they will all have their own Privacy Policies associated with the specific technologies utilized. As example:
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with the optimum online service. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our visitors and customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:
- We use Trustpilot reviews to help our customers share their experiences of our products and services with others. Trustpilot uses a variety of cookies and data collection to provide their review services. You can read more about how Trustpilot uses your Personal Information here:
- Once Facebook decides to allow legal Hemp commerce to advertise on its family of social media platforms, we may use analytics by Facebook such as Facebook Pixel,which is Facebook’s cookie that collects and shares customers’ browsing behavior on our site, to help us understand how our customers use the site and how any Facebook family of advertising we utilize performs. We endeavor to utilize the most conservative data collection preference Facebook offers to minimize the collection of customers’ Personal Information. You can read more about how Facebook uses your Personal Information here:
https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy, and here:
https://about.fb.com/news/2018/04/data-and-advertising/. For now, however, we have deactivated all Facebook tracking and data collection.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering education and consultations, assisting you in securing our products that are for sale, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you provide us with your Personal Information through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
No Selling of Personal Information
We do not sell Personal Information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you are a resident of California, you can opt-out of us collecting or selling any of your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) by clicking this link.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We may use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we may not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact ususing our Contact form or by mail at the following address:
Sapient Organics LLC
30262 Crown Valley Pkwy B525
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Last updated: October 15, 2022
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here:
U.S. Federal Trade Commission
California Consumer Privacy Act complaints